Monday, March 5, 2012

Fire-crackers

Good stuff! My husband got these at a USAF bake sale while we were stationed in Texas, in a Ziploc bag that had the recipe printed on the outside. That was years ago, and I just got around to making them - just the right amount of zing, and it has even my toddler stuffing handfuls of cracker into her mouth!

Texas Firecrackers
Ingredients
1 1/4 cup canola oil
2 Tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Package Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
1 box Club crackers


Directions:
Mix oil, spices, and ranch mix in a bowl. Put the crackers in a large plastic bag, then pour oil mixture over crackers. Turn bag several times to coat evenly. Store airtight.

**Note: I generally avoid all dressing mixes, since they more often than not contain MSG (or one of its nicknames intended to mislead the public - usually autolyzed yeast extract, hydrolyzed protein, etc.) In this recipe I did use a packet, and it killed me a little bit inside when I bought it a month ago. Since then, I've found a ranch dressing mix recipe on Pinterest, which I have now prepared and waiting in the pantry for my next batch of firecrackers - I'm hoping the taste is the same! Will post those recipes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment