Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cheddary Garlicky Chicken


Yum - something about this chicken is still lingering with me. The first day I ate it, I thought "this isn't bad" - I knew the hubby wouldn't eat it without lots of Sriracha sauce, so I primarily made it for me and the girls. My 4-year-old wouldn't eat it (shocker!) but the toddler would, so I'm going to put this in the win category. And surprisingly the leftovers tasted even better! Super easy recipe, with good flavor to the chicken. Although I realize my food "photography" leaves MUCH to be desired!

Adapted from www.allrecipes.com

Garlic Cheddar Chicken
1/4 cup butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (I used a combo of Italian seasoned and panko - will look for seasoned panko next time!)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
About 1.2 lbs of chicken tenderloins

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat, and cook the garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
Dip each chicken tenderloin in the garlic butter to coat, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange the coated chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.
Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment